Here in Round Rock, TX summers get HOT. We’ll easily hit the 110 degree mark every year and sometimes higher when you factor in the heat index. It’s the kind of heat that makes you feel like your face will melt right off just going from your front door to the car.
Multiple showers daily. Uneven tan lines. Heat rashes. Yep, it's sweat-pocalypse.
Here are a few tips for keeping your sweaty, dirty skin in check this summer so your dewy look is more “sexy” than “deep fried”.
#1. Witch Hazel
- Use this bacteria-killing astringent as a toner for your face. Also good for cleansing wounds, insect bites and most skin irritations.
#2. Tea tree oil
- Known for it’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, tea tree oil is used help calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It is commonly used aromatically and topically to kill germs, fight infections and soothe skin conditions.
#3. Moisturizer at night
- Skip the daytime body moisturizer. Sweaty skin can become extra greasy and increase the risk of clogging pores. Best time to moisturize your baby smooth skin: in the evening, just out of the shower.
#4. Exfoliate twice a week
- Not only does it remove dead skin, it also reduces skin discoloration and pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin renews itself overnight, so exfoliate your skin in the morning to slough away any dead skin. But be gentle.
#5. Use sunscreen everyday
- It’s a no-brainer. Protect your skin now to avoid sun damage in the future and reduce your risk of skin cancer. Ever tried doing a workout with a sunburn? OUCH!