1. Have a pre-workout snack
- In order to power through your gut-wrenching, muscle-building workout, you need a source of fuel to keep you going. Eaten 1-2 hours before a workout, make sure to include carbs and protein. Keep it light so as not to cause stomach cramps.
2. Foam Roll Hot Spots
- Roll out any tight muscles or soreness prior to your workout to get blood flowing to these muscles.
3. Drink Water
- This is especially important if you workout in the afternoons. Be sure to hydrate throughout the day. Don’t guzzle just beforehand, unless you want to see that water come back up.
4. Review Your Goal
- What do you hope to accomplish in today’s workout? Go faster, go heavier, master a new skill? Focus on what you plan to do and visualize yourself doing it right. Keep your goals in mind.
5. Have a Pre-Workout Supplement
- Products containing a combination of caffeine and arginine are extremely popular choices. Caffeine promotes increased focus, intensity and energy while Arginine activates peak vasodilation, resulting in powerful muscle pumps.